Rio Moving, A Division Of Rio Enterprises
Last Updated: Oct 3, 2016
This policy sitelies to information that we may collect from you or that you may provide when using any websites owned and operated by the Company (such as http://riomoving.com), in email, text and other electronic messages between you and the Company, through mobile and desktop sitelications owned and operated by the Company, and when you interact with our advertising and sitelications on third-party websites and services, if those sitelications or advertising include links to this policy. All such activities are collectively referred to herein as the “Rio Moving Service.”
This policy does not sitely to information collected on any other website operated by any third party, including through any sitelication or content, including advertising, that may link to or be accessible from the Rio Moving Service.
The Rio Moving Service is not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 18, or knowingly allow such persons to register for any of our services. If you are under age 18, please do not attempt to register for any Company services or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, and/or email address. In the event that we learn that we have received any such information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
By using the Rio Moving Service, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract.
Information We Collect and How It is Collected
The Rio Moving Service generally collects personally identifying information with your knowledge and consent. We collect several types of information from and about users of the Rio Moving Service, including information:
• About you but does not identify you individually, such as statistical information about the Rio Moving Service users; and/or
• About your internet connection, the equipment and type of browser software you use to access the Rio Moving Service, the operating system you are running, the website that referred you, if sitelicable, your internet protocol address, usage details and information collected through cookies.
If you choose to upload a photo when registering for the Rio Moving Services, the photo may be viewable by us and by other users of the Rio Moving Service. You may remove or update the photo at any time by logging into your account.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically as you navigate through the Rio Moving Service. The information we collect through the Rio Moving Service may include:
• Information you provide by filling in forms through the Rio Moving Service, including information provided at the time of registering to use the Rio Moving Service, posting material or requesting further services;
• Records and copies of your correspondence if you contact us or report a problem with the Rio Moving Service; and/or
• Details of transactions you carry out through the Rio Moving Service. You may be required to provide financial information before requesting services through the Rio Moving Service.
You may also post reviews or other content, including Personal Information (collectively, “User Contributions”) on public areas of the Rio Moving Service. We or others may reproduce, publish, distribute or otherwise use User Contributions online or offline in any media or format (currently existing or hereafter developed). Others may have access to the User Contributions and may have the ability to share it with third parties. You should be aware that any User Contributions you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. As such, you post such User Contributions at your own risk. Please note that we do not control who will have access to the information that you choose to make public, and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy or keep it secure.
To request removal of your User Contributions from the Rio Moving Service, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your User Contributions, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Automatic Information Collection and Online Tracking
As you navigate through and interact with the Rio Moving Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including details of your use of the Rio Moving Service, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Rio Moving Service, and information about your computer, mobile device and internet connection.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This information helps us to monitor our internal operations, improve the Rio Moving Service, and deliver a better and more personalized service.
Pages of the Rio Moving Services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics.
Information Collected by Mobile Site
The Rio Moving Service is primarily provided through a mobile site, tablet computer or similar device. We may collect and use technical data and related information, including but not limited to technical information about your device, system and sitelication software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to you (if any) related to the Mobile site.
When you use the Mobile site, it may automatically collect and store some or all of the following information from your mobile device (” Mobile Device Information”), including without limitation:
• Your preferred language;
• Your phone number or other unique device identifier assigned to your mobile device, such as the International Mobile Equipment Identity or the Mobile Equipment ID number;
• The IP address of your mobile device;
• The manufacturer and model of your mobile device;
• Your mobile operating system;
• The type of mobile Internet browsers you are using;
• Your geolocation; and/or
• Information about how you interact with the Mobile site, such as how many times you use a specific part of the Mobile site over a given time period, the amount of time you spend using the Mobile site, how often you use the Mobile site, actions you take in the Mobile site and how you engage with the Mobile site.
We also provide some of your Personal Information (such as your first name and your photo, if you have chosen to upload your photo to your profile) to the Hauler who accepts your request for moving services so that the Hauler may contact and find you. Similar Personal Information of Haulers will be provided to users of the Rio Moving Service to allow the users to verify the identity of the Hauler.
We may associate your unique mobile Device Identifier or Mobile site usage information with any Personal Information you provide, but we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
How The Company May Use Your Information:
We may use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us through the Mobile site or otherwise, including Personal Information and Mobile Device Information:
• To present the Rio Moving Service and its contents to you;
• To operate and improve our Mobile site and the Rio Moving Service;
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you have requested from us;
• To create aggregated and anonymous information to determine which Mobile site features are most popular and useful to users, and for other statistical analyses;
• To customize the content or services on the Mobile site for you, or the communications sent to you through the Mobile site;
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
• To notify you about changes to the Rio Moving Service, any products or services we offer or provide through it, or any of our policies;
• In order to obtain information about a Hauler’s background, including the driving records, references, criminal records and credit information;
• To contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you have the option of unsubscribing from such contact by clicking on the site ropriate link in such communication.
• In any other way that we describe when you provide the information; and/or
• For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction for any business purpose, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatible business partners.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide:
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, such as Stripe, the Company’s third-party payment service, and BeenVerified, the Company’s background search provider;
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about the Rio Moving Service users is among the assets transferred;
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or
• With your consent.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
It is important to us to provide you with options regarding the Personal Information you share with us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Promotional Offers . If you do not wish to have your Personal Information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by unsubscribing from such contact by clicking on the site ropriate link in such communication.
[Accessing and Correcting Your Information]
Users can access and correct Personal Information by signing in to the Rio Moving Service and visiting the User’s profile page.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All social security numbers, driver license numbers, vehicle identification numbers and bank account information will use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to establish an encrypted link between the Rio Moving Service and the Mobile site and/or the User’s web browser.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Rio Moving Service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Rio Moving Service. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Rio Moving Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.